Monday, March 28, 2011

CAMBIOS 14

Hola mi querida familia!

How is all of the fam doing this week? I hope everyone is having a great week! I'm having a great week so far..the weeks in the mission always start out great because they start with me writing to the fam! ;) I love reading all of the letters you all write and seeing all of the pictures. It just never gets old... I love you all!!!!!

As stated in the Subject, I am now starting my 14th change in the mission. It's crazy how FAST time flies. There is little time left but so many things to do! This is the time to work my hardest and put in practice all of the things that I've learned over the past 20 months. And I'm still with Elder Garcia (this is the first time that I'll be with the same companion for 3 changes) so between the 2 of us, I think we've got quite a bit of experience to have lots of success in this sector :) The only change in our house was Elder Laub. I don't know who I'll talk with at night now...I was getting kinda used to speaking English at night, but now it'll be Spanish 24/7 lol. The new Elder in the house is Elder Jarrín and he's from Quito, Ecuador.

This week I was reading a Liahona from a few years ago and I was reading a talk about forgiving. It was such a good talk. I loved one of the quotes from George Herbert... "He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he himself must pass if he would ever reach heaven; for everyone has need to be forgiven." It made me think of what Jesus taught in part of the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 6;14-15... "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Forgiveness is something that is so important in our lives. We all need to forgive others, and we really all need to be forgiven by our Heavenly Father. It's really hard for some people to forgive, but it's always better after they do it. Sometimes we have to forgive even when we a person that has done something to us doesn't ask forgiveness. It's easier to live life without having those hard feelings against another person.

Well, I guess there's not really that much news this week haha. Last night, we were waiting to find out if there were any changes and the power went out for about an hour and the phone died. The zone leaders called like 10 times to ask us something and they thought something had happened to us. But the power finally came back and I found out that I would be staying here :) It was SUPER hot in the house without my fan blowing in my face lol.

I love all of you SOOOOOOOO much. I have the best family that anyone could ask for :) Thanks for all of your support and love. Thanks for all of the letters and photos. Thanks for all of the prayers. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: