Monday, April 25, 2011

21 MONTHS

Hola mi querida familia!!!!!

How's everybody this week! I hope you all had a Happy Easter!!!! From all the letters and pics I received, it sounds like it was a REALLY Happy Easter. I had a Happy Easter too....it was a pretty normal day, but it was Happy ;)

On Wednesday we had exchanges and I went to Chone. They say that in Chone there are a lot of people that look like 'gringos' .....white-ish and colored eyes. And it's true...there are more people there that look like 'gringos' haha. But that city is not very pretty...there almost aren't paved roads...and it rains a lot there. Thankfully the day that I was there it didn't rain, cause the missionaries told me that almost the entire city fills up with water :P When I was just there, it was just full of mud ;) haha But it was a good exchange... While we were travelling to Chone, a girl came up to me and asked if I was from another country. (DUH! lol) And I told her yes, and she said that she had to make a video for an English class in the University of her speaking English with a native English speaker (that's me!). So I helped her out a little bit and we had a 5-minute conversation in English. Thankfully there was a script to follow, cause I couldn't understand a word of her 'English' lol. I hope she passes that class...... :/ haha

We did a service project on Friday! It's been a long time since I've done service. We helped our ward mission leader and his fam 'mop' their house. But there wasn't even a single MOP in sight. His house has rough, cement floors, which would be very difficult to mop. So they get it all wet with the hose and then pour laundry detergent and bleach and then scrub it like crazy with those really rough brooms. I couldn't believe how dirty the water was when we were scrubbing. And there is nowhere for the water to escape, so they have to empty it bucket by bucket. It was really hard...and I had blisters on my hands lol. But now I'm ok, and the house looks really clean ;)

This past week I passed my 21-month 'CLICK!' in the mission!!! I can't believe how fast the time has passed. It's crazy to think about...we'll be talking in person before we know it! Speaking of talking (that sounds kinda repetitive and redundant lol), MOTHER'S DAY is really close! Dad has the phone number and we're going to talk at 4pm Ecuador time, 2pm AZ time. I can't wait!

This week we had 3 BAPTISMS!!!!!!! William, Nubia, and AideƩ were baptized on Saturday. William is a 14 year old, and Nubia and AideƩ are 'older'.....aunt and niece. It was a B E A UTIFUL baptism. All of the members got back from the Temple and went straight to the baptism. The Spirit was so strong!! William bore his testimony and I think everyone that was there was crying. Including his Mom and Dad and sister who still didn't want to be baptized. He said he wished that all of his family could be baptized in the true Church and be an eternal family. It was awesome. So, we're gonna work harder with his family ;)

Yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting...it was the same one I gave in another sector...but the members here don't know that ;) lol It went well.

Well, that's the news for this week!!!! I hope you all have an awesome week this week! I love you all SOOOOOOOOOOO much! I'll never be able to say that enough. I LOVE YOUUUU!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: