Monday, April 18, 2011

HAPPY EASTER!

Hola mi querida familia!!!!

How's the family doing this week? I hope everyone is great! It seems like everyone is ALWAYS great :) We are blessed!

HAPPY EASTER THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope everyone has a great Easter....remember why we really celebrate Easter :) And eat a lot of chocolate bunnies and eggs for me! And jelly bellys! And Peeps! And color an egg for me! Where did all of those traditions come from? Oh well, I like all of them! Any excuse to eat more chocolate is good for me ;) lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRENT ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!! I hope you have an awesome day! Love you so much!!!!!!!

So, on Friday night we had a Family Home Evening with all of the members in the ward. The missionaries and the Relief Society were in charge of it. It was based on an article from April's Ensign about Holy Week...the one where it talks about what happened each day in the last week of Christ's life. They talked about the things that happened each day and in between the days we sang hymns that are about Jesus Christ and the Atonement and everything. It was short and sweet and spiritual. And 8 investigators went, which made it even better! That was the real reason we did the activity...so that the investigators can become friends with the members.

On Saturday we had a BAPTISM!!!!!! Vilma Corrales was baptized and it was a very spiritual baptism. We did it at 230pm cause her other sisters had to travel to Utah that day and they had to leave at 5pm. All of the people who needed to be there were there, and she invited some non-member friends too. And all of her family was there, which was what she really wanted. My comp and I did a musical number (the video I sent). Talk about being nervous....I've never been so shaky in my life! lol My hands were shaking uncontrolably....but according to the members, it sounded good :)

After she was baptized, she bore her testimony and it was amazing. I think I always talk about how much I love to hear the person's testimony right after the baptism...it is always so great. She has such a strong testimony and she always says that she wants to be a 'good Mormon' and do everything that the Lord has commanded us to do. She arrived on time to Church yesterday and was confirmed and she looked SO happy. She was glowing ;) And last night she had her interview with the Bishop to go to the Temple on Saturday with all of the ward! I love playing a part in the Lord's work. This work is SO important and I've never felt so happy in my life. Vilma has been ready for a long time to be baptized...but she just still didn't want to do it. And now her time came and I'm so happy that I am here to be a part of it.

Well, that's all the news for this week! I hope you all have an amazing week this week! Enjoy the Easter Pageant! And eat lots of 'C' foods for me.... ;) And send pics! I love seeing all of the pics everyone sends each week. Thanks for all of your letters. Thanks for your support and prayers and love! I LOVE ALL OF YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: