Monday, October 26, 2009

Last pday of my first change in ecuador!

Hola mi familia!! :)
So, It is already the last pday of my first change in ecuador and it has gone by so fast! And everybody says it just goes faster and faster, so that will be exciting.
Well...we were supposed to baptize the Ochoa family this upcoming weekend (on halloween) but they didn't come to church!! So HOPEFULLY they come to church this week and they can get baptized the following week :) Also, we tried to recommit Raul to baptism and he said he just wants to keep listening and he doesn't want to get baptized. We're trying to figure out what we can do with him....lol Other than that all is well in Babahoyo, Ecuador :) Yesterday we had 5 investigators from San Juan in church and that was exciting cause in my whole time here we haven't had ANY cause it's 1/2 an hour away and they don't have money.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TREVOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)
Mom, thanks for the list of addresses of everyone :) This week I finally got some dearelders that were sent while i was in the mtc. Not sure what took those ones so long, cause I got ones that were sent general conference weekend a week earlier lol. But they got here :) Also, someone wrote that people had sent packages...none have gotten here besides the first 3 that mom and dad sent. Hopefully everyone is using the GREEN STICKER for packages so that I get them haha :) :)
Mom and dad, there a couple things I would greatly appreciate you sending me :) Sunscreen (the Neutrogena kind...that kind costs like 25 dollars here lol), cetaphil face wash (they don't sell that here), Tide2Go pens (they don't sell those here), crest white strips (I just want those lol), and sour candy (I just want that too..they sell weird candies here lol). Other than that I'm set for a while haha THANK YOU! :D
Something kinda fun...in San Juan there is this big cemetary...and the whole thing is full of Plumeria trees! I always think of hawaii when we walk by there...it smells so good haha. (I miss Dole ice cream though lol). Also, there have been some awesome sunsets this week! We live really close to a river and it is so pretty to watch the sun set on the river :) Fun stuff...
So, I've heard that this winter will be a pretty hard one from what they are predicting. I hope the weatherman is wrong (like normal) cause I don't want to walk around in water up to my knees every day lol.
I love all of you SOOOOOOOOOOO much! Keep praying and doing the 'small stuff' like scripture study and personal/family prayer...they really make a difference :)
Love ya!
Elder Beck

No comments: