Monday, November 2, 2009

Change #2 : Day #1

Hola mi familia!!!
So change #1 is done and it flew by. And now it is change #2...and I have a new companion! His name is Elder Aucapucllo (Ow-cuh-pook-yo) and he is from Peru. He only has 4 1/2 months in the mission..just a little older than me haha. Also, he doesn't know english.......so this should be a change full of learning for me haha. I'm hoping my spanish gets way better with him. Elder Rodriguez is now a Zone Leader in Guayaquil. I'm gonna miss him..we got along really well and had fun and worked hard...and we had a bunch of baptisms planned for this month that he won't get to see happen :( I guess that's when transfers happen though..when things are going well haha. Oh well, that's the life of a missionary :)
So, the past couple weeks we've had some opportunities to give people blessings for health. I've done the first part in all of them. We had one really neat experience though with a little girl named Yaxeli. She was really sick and had been in bed for 2-3 days and could barely eat anything. We gave her a blessing and the next day we went by to check on her and she was walking around the house and eating a little bit. And the next day, she was outside playing soccer with her friends! It's really neat to see the power of the Priesthood work and heal people.
Saturday was my first real 'holiday' in the mission, Halloween. It was quite the letdown compared to halloween in the US lol. People here just get drunk, dance, and some teenagers wear masks and scare little kids lol. It definitely wasn't the same without chili and homemade doughnuts! haha It's all good though...only one more Halloween in the mission! lol
We have 10 people with baptism GOALS for the 14th of November! That will be really exciting if they all follow through :) We're praying hard for them and Elder Aucapucllo and I are going to be working really hard this change to make sure they're ready. I'll keep you all updated on what happens with that... :)
That's all for now...I hope everything is going great with everybody back home in the US! I love you all SOOOOO much!
Love, Elder Beck

No comments: