Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Hola mi querido familia!

SO....the best part about this week definitely was talking to you guys on the phone!!! It was great to hear everyone's voices and to hear that everyone is doing well :) I am doing great and working hard :)

After I talked to you guys we taught a few lessons and then went to dinner with some members. It was SOOO good! We ate real turkey! (and salad..that part wasn't so good lol). We ate SO much...and no rice! It was great :)

On Christmas day, it was just a normal work day. Except almost nobody was home and everybody was hung over lol. But that's why I love Ecuador! (I guess lol) In the night the 4 Elders in my house bought Avena Polaca and celebrated with that :) And we listened to a little bit of Mannheim Steamroller haha. It was fun :)

Something fun..but that made me a tiny bit homesick... Our neighbors bought a Bassett Hound puppy! It looks almost identical to Snickers when she was a baby, but Snickers had longer ears. I sat and pet their dog for like 5 mins and thought about home a little bit...and then got back to work lol.

On sunday we did a Secret Santa with some ward missionaries and our ward mission leader Jorge. I got a Guayaquil Temple tie tack and candy :)

Well, I think that's all for this week! I love you all SOOOO much! And I'm already excited to talk to you guys in May hahaha. Thanks for EVERYTHING you all do for me :)

Love,
Elder Beck

ps...I want to send you pics of ERod and I in front of the door to our house with the Merry Christmas banner and one of me drinking Polaca...but this computer doesn't have a USB port accessible. But hopefully next week! Love ya!

No comments: