Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy 2010!

¡Hola mi familia!

Feliz Año Nuevo...I can't believe it's 2010 already! Time is flying :) This has been a great week :) From thursday until yesterday, the parties for New Years kept going on and on. LOTS of drunk people lol. Gotta love Ecuador! We were in the house at 8pm on New Years eve and New Years day. :)

First, last week after I wrote, ERod and I celebrated the holidays by going to Tony Roma's!!!!! I was so excited when I sat down and started looking at the pictures on the menu. I felt like a fat kid in a candy store! hahahahahaha It was so good. ERod and I both got a rack of ribs with french fries and corn, and we split a big hamburger :) And for dessert he got a bowl of ice cream and I got a brownie sundae with chocolate ice cream and hot fudge.........SOOOOO good! haha Also, they were playing american music the whole time...Carrie Underwood, Black Eyed Peas, Rod Stewart, Taylor Swift, Leona Lewis, etc. Those are the ones I remember haha. Great way to celebrate!

The other day an investigator what else we can't eat besides alcohol and coffee so we started to teach the word of wisdom. We were teaching them with a member family. ERod said all of the things we can't eat and then said "Also, we can't eat rice." I wish you all could have seen the faces of all of them. I thought they were going to die...and then ERod said he was just kidding and we all laughed really hard. Lesson learned...don't joke about not eating rice with Ecuatorians lol.

Last week I looked in all of Mall del Sol for size 13 shoes...including the Rockport store. They don't exist here lol. I was looking cause people say boots are essential for the rainy season...which is coming soon! But I guess I'll just use my shoes that I have. I should be able to survive haha. I would ask you to send some, but I don't want you to send them and then have them not fit or something.... Oh well :)

Simon Dewey is one of my new favorite church artists :) Look at the picture "Why Weepest Thou" ...it's great.

Church in our ward is a 3 pm now....lame lol.

The word for stepfather and hangnail is the same in Spanish (padrastro). I thought that was SO hilarious lol.

I have one specific goal for this year. Finish reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish before my birthday...Right now I'm in Alma 8..I think I can do it :) I'll let you know how it goes.

Well, that's all for this week! I hope everything is great with all of you :) I love you all SOOOOOO much!!!! Keep up the prayers, please :)

Love ya!
Elder Beck

No comments: