Monday, April 26, 2010

9 months?!

HOLA MI QUERIDA FAMILIA!

How are things going in the Northern Hemisphere? That reminds me that some members from the branch here went to 'the middle of the world' on the Equator and they said that supposedly you can balance an egg on a needle there. And they said that there were a bunch of gringos there trying it lol. They didn't tell us if the gringos were successful in their efforts or not. When we all come back to Ecuador we'll have to go there and try it :) haha

Everything is going great here in Vinces. It's hot....I want you all to come here just so you can really understand what I mean when I say it's hot. It's a hot that doesn't exist in Arizona haha. And I want you to come here so you can really understand what I'm talking about when I mention volcanoes of rice! lol This week we ate lunch with Luis and Maribel...and it seems that someone must have told them that the missionaries LOVE rice cause I had never seen SO much rice on one plate in my life lol. It was a large dinner plate FULL of rice and a tiny bit of 'salad' (beats, tomatoes, potatoes, and onions....surprisingly it's pretty good). But I think that was the 'full-est' that I have EVER been in my life. If I would have coughed, I think I would have spewed rice lol.

As you can see from the subject of this email....I passed my 9 MONTH mark in the mission!!!!!! I seriously cannot believe how fast time flies. 9 months is fast...why do women always say that time goes so slow when they are pregnant???? lol JK I imagine that 9 months in the mission is slightly different than 9 months of pregnancy.....but I guess I'll never really know? bahaha

This week we had a BAPTISM! The mother in law of the recent convert that opened the door and said my mother in law wants to get baptized, got baptized :) She is almost 90 years old and I was afraid to baptize her lol. The members were joking around before the baptism saying 'Careful not to drown her' and saying 'Don't you have to do work for the dead in the Temple??' hahahaha. But everything went well and she is still alive lol. People here are funny.

Well, that's it for this week. I hope everything continues going well at home :) I LOVE YOU ALL SOOO MUCH! People here always say "Ser Mormón es ser feliz" which translates to "To be Mormon is to be happy." I love it cause it is so true! Keep a smile on your face and always be positive :D

Love ya!
Elder Beck

No comments: