Monday, April 5, 2010

APRIL!

Hola mi querida familia!

How's everybody doing this week? I hope everybody enjoyed conference! I know I did :) I didn't get to watch any sessions in English, but thankfully I understood a LOT more than I did last October! haha But I'm pretty sure they don't translate everything...cause one of the apostles was talking and he kept smiling really big and laughing...but he didn't say anything funny in the Spanish version?? It was a little weird lol.

I can't believe it's April already! Were there any funny April Fools jokes? I remember last year on Johnjay and Rich (on the radio) there were cat 'meow-ing' noises ALL day. It was hilarious. People called in and said that they were going crazy looking for cats under the seats in their cars. lol That holiday doesn't exist in Ecuador :P

Happy Birthday to EMMA on Friday! I love you Emma and I can't believe you are going to be 6 years old! Have a great birthday :)

On Friday we went to Quevedo for interviews with President Gamboa. He asked me how much time I had in the mission and I had forgotten and had to count on my fingers really fast. He laughed...and I felt a little dumb (thanks President lol). E Rod was there too. He was transferred to Quevedo and is still Zone Leader. He got to meet his grandson (my son)...and I got to meet my brother (the other Elder that E Rod trained) lol. So we had a little family reunion haha :) Tomorrow we have zone conference in Babahoyo and I think that they are going to be there for that too, so we are going to take a family picture lol.

Random things from conference...The guy that plays the organ in the MTC is in MoTab. The guy that directed the Priesthood choir on Saturday night directed the MTC choir every so often. The girl that plays the piano that accompanies the MTC choir is in the other choir that sang on Saturday. And almost EVERY person who went to conference asked me if President and Sister Beck are Uncle and Aunt. I told some people yes, because I got tired of explaining that Beck is a kind of common name in the US lol. And last, but not least, one of my house-comps brought animal crackers to the sessions of conference, took his shoes off during the sessions and put his feet up on the bench, and ate animal crackers lol!! A good example to the investigators :) hahaha

I got a package last week!!!! Thanks mom and dad for the letters, New Era, Church News, Reese's Pieces, fruit leather, and the healthy granola bars (I was a little skeptical about those..but they were tasty :) ) haha. Thanks a ton!

Today Elder Contreras and I made a quick trip to Guayaquil to get the indentification for E Contreras. So now he is legal here in Ecuador :) haha And in the bus terminal we ate McDonalds.....and Pizza Hut. You have to take advantage of the opportunities to eat at places like that when you are in Vinces cause there are no good restaurants in Vinces lol. And that is why I am writing later than usual..cause we had to go to Guayaquil. And when we got back to Vinces, the power was out :)

Well, that's it for this week! I love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! You are the most amazing family in the world :) Hope you all had a Happy Easter and Conference weekend ;)

Love ya!
Elder Beck

No comments: