Monday, April 19, 2010

Change #6

Hola mi querida familia!

How's everybody doin this week?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW BRENT!!!!!!! Hope you have an amazing day :) Love ya!

Everything here in Vinces is still going great. And yes I am still in Vinces...and my comp is still Elder Contreras! Woo hoo!!! Finally more than one change with one companion! haha This past week was slightly crazy. Well....mostly just the first half of the week.

It all started last monday night. We knew that it was the last week of the change and that we could be being changed any time, because Pres. Gamboa doesn't do changes on the last day of the change anymore. I was hoping to stay in Vinces with Elder Contreras. At about 10pm, I got a call from one of the APs and first off I thought "Great, where are they sending me now." But....they didn't send me to another sector. The AP asked me how I was doing, I said fine. He then proceeded to tell me that they had a special assignment for me, I said ok. Next he said that I am going to be DISTRICT LEADER and asked me how I felt. For about 10 seconds all I could say was "uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" and then I could only think to say "good." lol He laughed and said that Pres. Gamboa has a lot of confidence in me and that he knows that I will do well. So I thought to myself that if Pres. Gamboa feels that way then it must be ok. So....now I'm a 'DL.' Alexa, you can stop asking me now when I am going to be DL lol ;)

Next, on Tuesday we had our District Meeting like always and I, now being district leader, had to give the lesson. That was scarzy (scary and crazy combined lol). But it went well and the elders participated a lot (thankfully haha). After that the ZL (whose sector is Ventanas, 1 1/2 hours away from Vinces) came with my comp and I to Vinces to do a baptism interview for Roberto Lara that night. Everything went well with the ZL here, the interview went well (Roberto got there late, but that's pretty much to be expected lol). And in the night, after planning and everything we were just talking and we got another phone call. This time is was for the ZL saying that he was going to be changed and that he had to be in Guayaquil the next day and 8am. So he had to call his comp in Ventanas and tell him to pack his bags for him lol.

On Wednesday we woke up at about 4am and went to Ventanas so that the ZL could go to Guayaquil with his comp. When we go to Ventanas, my comp and I went back to sleep for about 2 1/2 more hours lol. And at about noon, my comp and I went with another Elder to Catarama (about 30 mins from Ventanas) so that I could do a baptism interview. I was way nervous for that...and super exhausted....but everything went well and the guy passed the interview :) After that, we ate in Catarama and then my comp and I went back to Vinces, leaving the other Elder with other Elders from Ventanas. We got to Vinces at about 5:15 and went straight to the Church because Roberto's baptism was at 7pm and we had to fill the font (which takes about 2 hours to fill). We got it all filled up and everything ready on time :) Except that nobody got there on time....lol. But Roberto Lara got baptized and everything went great.

So, that's the big news of the past week. I was SOO tired after Wednesday lol. And I think that is why I got a little sick. NOthing to worry about though, just a common cold :) I drank a ton of orange juice and water and I am better now :) I made it almost 9 months without getting sick at all...it was bound to happen some time haha.

This weekend it has been raining ALL night and then during the day all of the clouds disappear and the sun appears. I think you all will have to come to Ecuador to experience the sun here....it is different than I have ever felt in my life. It is ridiculously hot and sweaty lol. Gotta love Ecuador :)

Well, that's all the news for this week! I love you all SOOOOO much! You are all amazing and great. Share the Gospel with your friends :)

Love you tons!
Love, Elder Beck

No comments: