Monday, July 19, 2010

traveling, swordfish, etc

Hola mi querida familia!!!!

How's every one doing this week? Everything is still great in Salinas :) This week I think it was actually cold here at night.... I'm not sure if it's just cause I'm not used to the cold now, or if it actually was cold lol. But it's nice to not constantly be sweating :)

Remember a few weeks ago when I wrote about the activity we had in the ward here where Elder Estrada and I did the life of a mini-missionary? Well, in a part of it, he was doing his personal study and reading a Family:Proclamation pamhplet. And we glued a picture from an Ensign of a girl in it so that it looked like he was only looking at his girlfriend during his study time lol. Well, this week we went to teach a lesson and we were going to teach about the Family so we decided to give them a pamphlet of the Proclamation. We gave them the pamphlet and while we were teaching they interrupted us and asked us why we had glued a picture of a girl on the pamphlet and they couldn't read the part we were teaching bahahaha. We had forgotten about that little detail :) But it was hilarious when we had to explain why the pic was there lol.

On Friday we went to Guayaquil for the Zone Leader Council for all of the zone leaders in the mission. It was a great meeting and we talked about goals and how to achieve them and our objective as missionaries. About half of the missionaries that were there are going home this change! E Rod was one of them..and Elder Estrada. And like 7 'gringos'! I don't know what we'll do without all of those missionaries. After these 7 gringos go home, there are only 2 more that have more time than the 3 that came with me. Elder Baum was there too, so that was fun to talk with him. We trained at the same time and became zone leaders at the same time :) We are hoping that we get to be comps again some time in the future. After the meeting we took pictures and they gave us all a giant toasted sub sandwich and french fries. It was SOOO good. I'm not sure what the sub had on it cause I was too hungry to care lol But it was tasty. Kinda like Subway....man I miss subway!! haha

I did 3 baptism interviews on Friday night right when we got back from Guayaquil. Elder Estrada was in a meeting with the high council member from the stake in charge of missionary work, so he couldn't help me out with the interviews. But everything went great :) Lots of fun and responsibilities as a zone leader.

Today, I went to Guayaquil again with Elder Eng-Fo (a house comp.). He had to go there to get a medical test done and Pres. Gamboa asked him to come with me and not with his comp. I still don't know why Pres. wanted me to go, but we gotta do what he tells us to do...that's missionary life haha. So, now I'm tired of traveling in buses lol.

Yesterday I ate swordfish for the first time ever! And it was really salty and good! But it was weird to think that I was eating a swordfish lol.

Well, that's the news for this week! Thanks to everyone for wishing me a happy hump day on thursday! I can't believe that a year has passed. And everyone says this year will pass even faster! I love you all SOOOOOO much! Thanks for everything :)

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: