Monday, May 2, 2011

CAMBIOS!!!

Hola mi querida familia!!!!!!

How's everybody doing today? It was SOOOOOOO EXCELLENT to talk to all of you yesterday! And before we know it, we'll be talking to each other cara a cara (face to face!). So exciting. Phone calls don't really make me trunky...they actually make me more excited to keep working hard. But we can't deny that the end is near haha.

Like it says in the subject, today is CAMBIOS!!!!!! .................But not for me! And not for my companion either! We're staying put, just like we hoped. It looks like I'll be 'dying' here in the beautiful city of Portoviejo. I'm happy about that, cause I love it here. Last night, we went to the Mamita's house to give her the chocolates for Mother's Day and she was so happy that she cried haha. She's a great mamita...but not as great as my REAL Mamita!!!!! I love you Mom ;) Happy Mother's Day, yesterday.

On Friday and Saturday, there were some elections here in Ecuador about some new laws that the President has made up. So, for the missionaries, that meant lock-down in the house from Friday at 2pm until Saturday at 5pm. It wasn't long enough to get too bored...just long enough to catch up all of the greatly-needed sleep ;) All I did was sleep and eat haha. The laws were passed...it seems like most of the members aren't too happy about it...a lot of people don't like Ecuador's President. But obviously, there are more people who like him.

THANKS FOR THE EASTER PACKAGE I GOT LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!! Church News, Sacred Priesthood duties pamphlet, letters from buds in the mission, Al's Sacrament mtg talk, artwork from the kiddos, McConkie Atonement talk, Stride gum, Reese's Chips Ahoy, Reester Bunnies, Al's Spanish Vday card, chocolate bars, cards from E and R, stuff to color eggs, Easter card with hilarious sound. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I guess that's all the news for this week. The BEST part of this week, by far, was the PHONE CALL yesterday!!! I love all of you SOOOOOOO much, and it was great to talk to all of you. I hope you all have a great week this week. Thanks for being the BEST family ever! Elder Contreras (my son) just found out that he'll be TRAINING this transfer!!!!!!! So, I'll get to meet and live with my grandkid ;) LOL I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: