Monday, May 16, 2011

Do Work...

Hola mi querida familia!!!!!

I can't believe Monday is here again! It seems like just yesterday I was writing to everyone and reading everybody's letters and seeing all of the fun pics you all send me. But I'm definitely not complaining! It would be nice if every day were Monday... But, since not EVERY day is Monday, we did get some work done this week! ;) haha

But first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LYLA ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!! I love you SOOO much Lyla, and I hope you have a great birthday! I can't wait to hold and squeeze you soon. I hope I get some pics of her eating her first birthday cake ;)

This week, we have been working really hard. As I mentioned last week on the phone, yesterday we had Stake Conference. The Stake Presidency had asked for every active member to bring at least one person, less active or investigator, to fill up the stake conference. So, my comp. and I were working hard all week to get all of our investigators to Stake Conference. They didn't ALL go, but we DID have 16 INVESTIGATORS in Church yesterday!!! It was so great :) One of the Pres. Gamboa's counselors spoke, and a member of the Temple Presidency, and Elder Richard Zambrano from the 70 (I think he's from Peru....?) All of the talks were so great, and focused on helping families, as usual ;)

We've also been working hard to fix baptism date goals with our investigators. This week we invited a few more people to be baptized and they accepted, so we are hoping to have plenty of baptisms in this transfer...and maybe leave a couple of baptisms for the Elder that will be replacing me ;) haha I love missionary work. Last week, in the District Meeting, we all introduced ourselves saying where we are from and how much time we've been out (I'm the 'oldest' in this zone BTW :P lol) and we finished with our testimony about missionary work. It was so great to hear every one's feelings and testimonies. It helped strengthen my testimony. I love missionary work because of the joy that you feel as you do it, and the joy in other peoples' lives as they accept the Gospel. It's so great!!!!

This week, Vilma Corrales (the one who got baptized a few weeks ago) received a special assignment from our Bishop because of the Stake Conference. She did visits every night last week with the Relief Society pres (our Mamita, Fanny). They worked super hard and almost all of the sisters that they visited went to the Conference. She was telling us how happy she was to be able to visit the sisters and see the results of all of her hard work. Next week is our Ward Conference, and it looks like she'll be doing the same thing. She is an AWESOME convert! ;)

Well, I think that's all the news for this week! I hope all of you have an amazing week this week. I love each and every one of you SOOOOO much! I couldn't ask for a better family! I LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: