Monday, May 9, 2011

HAPPY MAY!

Hola mi querida familia!

How is all of the fam doing this week? I hope everyone is great...and it seems like you always are :) HAPPY MAY!!! I can't believe it is May already....where did April go??? After May, is June...and we all know what's happening in June ;) lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NICOLE ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have an awesome birthday! I love you tons!!!

Today is Super P-day...that's why I'm writing a little later than usual. The last Monday of this change! I hope Pres. leaves me here to finish the mission....and with Elder Pinza would be fine, too :) Today we super-cleaned the house. I introduced this house to that acid I have mentioned before...and our bathroom looks way better ;) It didn't really LOOK dirty before, but now it looks way better. I still like cleaning every so often..... I miss vacuuming lol. Only the people that have a lot of money here have vacuums. I think it's cause basically nobody has carpet. But it's way better to vacuum tile, too, than to sweep it. Soon I'll be able to vacuum again :)

Yesterday we were invited to the Ward Council meeting, and I'm still not sure why, cause they didn't say one word about missionary work lol. It was kind of a sad meeting....there are some problems with YM and YW and even Primary kids and all of the leaders are trying to think of what they can do to resolve those problems. The leaders here have a lot of work to do, and I know they'll do it. They are good leaders. I've learned so much in the mission about what kind of member/leader I need to be when I'm not a missionary. I think that what I've learned most is that complaining doesn't help with anything. People need to look for solutions, not just complain about problems.

This week we had interviews with President Gamboa in Manta. I saw the ocean!!!!!!!! haha My interview went great...I'm going to miss President Gamboa. We talked a little about my release date, and I'll be explaining more about that in the PHONE CALL on Sunday, but it looks like I'll be arriving on June 28 in the morning to Arizona! :) The 'end' still seems kinda far away, but I know that it will be here before I know it. I want to work SUPER hard and take advantage of every day until the last day.

Well, that's the news for this week!!!!! I hope all of you have an AMAZING week this week! And to my AWESOME Mother....HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ON SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Happy Mother's Day to my sisters that are mothers too....Aby, Carlie, and Nicole ;) I can't wait to say that to you on the phone this Sunday at 2PM AZ time!!!! ;) I LOVE ALL OF YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!! Thanks for being such a great family...such a great support. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: