Monday, November 30, 2009

Last day of november?!

Hola mi familia!

How is everybody doing? I hope thanksgiving was lots of fun. I celebrated thanksgiving too! Sort of...lol We were at an investigators house and they ALWAYS give us something to eat. That night, they gave us pumpkin juice! And it tasted like blended up pumpkin pie. So I just imagined that it was pumpkin pie and that I had just eaten a bunch of turkey and potatoes and It was like Thanksgiving! lol It also made me think of Harry Potter...they always drink pumpkin juice, don't they? I always wondered how it would taste...and now I know lol.

I can't believe that today is the last day of November! Tomorrow is december and the month of Christmas! I hope the tree is up...or going up soon :) I want a pic when It is all decorated, please :) I sent a package with a little christmas present for everyone today...it SHOULD be there before Christmas...I hope haha.

So...what was the temperature here in Babahoyo on Saturday the 28th???? Cause I have NEVER been so sweaty in my life! lol It was a brutal day lol. But that's part of the fun of being a missionary....i guess :) haha

There is this drink here called Avena Polaca. It is made with quaker oats and milk and some other stuff...I'm not sure what else. But it is SOOO good! People walk around selling it all over Babahoyo. Supposedly it is pretty healthy...but It tastes kinda like sweetened condensed milk lol. It is the same texture as that too. You guys should look it up on the internet and see if you can order it. Cause it is so good.

Well, I found out yesterday that they DO have Primary Programs here in Ecuador! You can imagine my excitement when I found out that it was Primary Program sacrament meeting..cause they are always awesome back home lol. But wow, it was a letdown here lol. The kids actually give talks and they are all reverent and nobody screams when they sing! haha What's the point of Primary Programs if there's not one kid screaming the songs, or crying, or yelling their part into the microphone?? lol. But it was still fun (sort of) :) lol

That's all the news that I can think of for this week....I love you all TONS!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: