Monday, February 1, 2010

February..wow!

Hola mi querido familia!

Well..it's February already and I can't believe how the time flies by! Every week, it feels like I was just emailing, and then I get to email again! Love it :)

One thing that I want you to email me....Dad's chocolate chip cookie recipe. Some members have said they want to make american cookies..and I want to eat american cookies haha.

So, this week we were leaving from lunch with some members and we were in their car cause they were going to take us to our next appointment. And then, out of nowhere, this guy comes up to the window and puts his hand on my shoulder and says he wants to talk with us. It seriously freaked me out at first and E Morataya and I didn't know what to do lol. But the Hermana told us to go with him (he is their neighbor) so we went with him and he introduced us to his huge family. And they told us that they want to do everything that we tell them to do and that they want to get baptized!!! I almost started laughing in shock! haha But the Lord really has people prepared to hear the gospel and it was so awesome to have that experience. Now, if only ALL of the people came up to us and told us they want to get baptized haha.

We did service 2 times this week (with the members mentioned above-the Medrano family) we painted their house inside and out. We are going to finish on Tuesday.

I am teaching English to whoever wants to learn english every Saturday at 230 pm in the Church :) I taught the first time this past saturday and we learned a bunch of clothing words. It is really hard for the people here to pronounce english words correctly lol.

So...I have been asking people why Vinces is nicknamed Little Italy if the Eiffel Tower is in france...and then somebody finally realized that the nickname is actually Little PARIS! Now it makes a little more sense...lol

Mom, I got a letter from you a couple weeks ago asking what you should serve at Zone Conferences for the missionaries....my best idea is pizza. If it's possible...that's what I'd want the most haha.

This week there was a talk in sacrament meeting that was just AMAZING... this really old guy read like a 6-page talk from the Liahona. And said in the name of Jesus Christ Amen. And that was all. It was great lol.

I am afraid that I will get fat here in Vinces...lol The Medrano family ALWAYS gives us dinner (We are teaching their son who is going to get baptized this week and they are only home at night, so they always feed us). Last night they made big hot dogs with onions, ketchup, cheese, and mayonaisse. A little weird...but I ate 3........lol Hopefully I keep sweating enough to not gain weight :)

Well...that's all the news from Vinces this week! I love you all SOOOOO much! You're the best family ever :) Thanks for everything..and keep up the prayers :)

Love ya!
Love, Elder Beck

No comments: