Monday, August 16, 2010

Super P-day

Hola mi querida familia!!!!

How's everybody doing this week? I imagine that everyone's good..since you always are :) haha We are blessed!

Today is Super P-day..again. I can't believe how time flies by. So, today we cleaned the house EXTRA good and that is why I can't reply to about half of the letters that I got this week. Sorry :( We left the house really late..but we left it really clean too. We even cleaned the screens on the windows :) haha You all know how nice it is to have a clean house...and a clean house is slightly rare in the mission lol.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRADY on Saturday!!!!! I hope you have a great day :)

Nasty food that I ate this week: Chicken foot soup. The soup looked like a normal soup, but I stuck my spoon in to start eating and in the first spoon-full there was a chicken foot!!! Completely in-tact, except for the toe-nails (they cut those off). I gagged a little bit (loud) when I saw it and Elder Estrada started laughing. But it was disgusting and I couldn't help it lol. I decided to just eat the vegetables and broth and leave all the other chicken 'parts' in the bowl...thankfully the Hermana didn't say anthing to me about it haha.

This week was Ecuador's Independence Day (August 10th). So nobody worked Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. Which means that practically all of Ecuador came to Salinas! haha The beach was FULL. Tons of people and tons of umbrellas (even though there wasn't one ray of sunshine this weekend lol). And it was cold this weekend...too bad for the vacation-ers, but great for the missionaries! haha All of the tourists went home last night, so now we're back to the peaceful Salinas that I know and love. Lots of people came in expensive cars that one RARELY sees in Ecuador. Like the new Camaro and a Range Rover...so those were fun to see lol. Things that one sees daily in the states..but here, I think I've seen 2 range rovers in this past year haha.

Well, that's the news for the week. We are looking for lots of new people to teach. Fighting to get people to come to church....that seems to be a challenge in all of Ecuador :P But everything is great!!!!! I love being able to share my testimony every day. And help other people receive the blessings and happiness that we've received thanks to the Restored Gospel. I love you Family!!! You are incredible! Thanks for everything!

Love ya!!
Love, Elder Beck

No comments: