Monday, August 9, 2010

Zone Conference

Hola mi querida familia!!!

How's everybody doing this week? Everything is great here in Salinas, like always :)

First, I think I forgot to write this last week.... THANKS TO ABY AND BRENT for the package!! Propel/crystal light powder, a camel, peanut M&Ms, Sour Patch kids, Gum, the HUMP DAY card, and your letters! Thanks a ton! I love you!

This week we went to Guayaquil again on Wednesday for a giant Zone Conference. THere were 7 zones there and about 100 missionaries. Normally there are about 3 zones and about 30 missionaries in zone conferences. We had to wake up at 3:30am to be in the church in Guayaquil at 730 am, so I was super tired. But I slept the entire 2-hour bus ride.....I'm pretty much a pro at sleeping in buses now haha. The zone conference was from 8am till 5pm...and they gave us lunch! haha It was the same sandwich from the leadership council a couple weeks ago, and it was still delicious :)

So, the Zone Conference was so long because the church is starting some sort of new program to simplify the missionaries' teaching. There are 8 lessons and President talked about 4 of them. We are going to have another Conference like that one soon for the other 4 lessons. Almost the whole time we were just looking at scriptures that we are all familiar with but analizing every single part of the scriptures and sharing lots of mission experiences. It was a great (and looong) Zone Conference...and I was really tired of sitting down :) haha

The experience on the bus ride back to Salinas wasn't so great. First, in these buses there are assigned seats. We were in 2 seats in the very back of the bus, which was bad because the bus moves a lot more in the back and sometimes it makes me feel sick. But, it was even worse cause the guy sitting next to me was huge! He was definitely big enough to be a 2-seater lol. He was basically suffocating me, and on top of that he smelled bad and SNORED like I've never heard anyone snore before. I might have shoved my elbow into his side a few times to try to wake him up......but apparently he couldn't feel anything cause he just kept snoring! lol So, that's my fun news for the week! ;) LOL

Well, that's the news from Salinas this week! Thanks for writing me everyone! Thanks for all of your support, prayers, letters, love, etc! You are all amazing :) I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck


No comments: