Monday, September 13, 2010

Trunky Travel Week



Hola mi querida familia!!!!

How's everybody doing this week? This has been a great week...with not very much time in Salinas. Like it says in the subject, I've been doing a little bit of traveling this week :)

First, on Tuesday we had a special meeting in Guayaquil. It was for all of the Zone Leaders, District Leaders, and Trainers, and the companions of those people. It was basically a review of the 8 new lessons that we learned in the past couple of Zone Conferences. We did a TON of practices...thinking of real situations with real investigadores...and we analyzed like every part of the teaching. And we got lots of help with the most difficult challenges that our investigadores have. Mostly the purpose of the 8 lessons is to simplify our teaching and make us better teachers. It was a good meeting...lots of learning :)

On Tuesday night, when we got back from Guayaquil, I got a call from the APs (elder Baum). And he asked me how I was doing and we were just talking for a couple minutes..and then he asked if I wanted to go to Quito lol. I thought that he was just joking around and I said yes. Then he told me that I had to come to Guayaquil again on Wednesday night cause on thursday morning we were going to fly to Quito. It turns out that the church renewed our Visas in Quito (where the church offices are in Ecuador) and there is a new law here that says that you have to get your ID in the city where you renew your visa. So we went to Quito on Thursday (Elder Siebert, Elder Muhlestein, Elder Baum, a couple of Latinos from our group, and I). We left early in the morning for the half-hour flight, did all of the paperwork and stuff we had to do in Quito, and then flew back to Guayaquil in the afternoon. It was a fun, and fast, trip :)

THANKS for the package that I got this week! Church News, Letters from my friends and mom (mom, yes I've seen that flute thing that you drew), altoids, gum, cetaphil, sour patch kids, Joseph Smith pic, CTR rings, and that awesome red tie! I love you!!!

Luis and Maribel (remember them from Vinces?) wrote me a letter!!! Maribel is the 2nd counselor in the Branch primary presidency and Luis is the 2nd counselor in the Branch presidency!!!!! It was so awesome to read that. They thanked me a lot for having taught them the true gospel. They said they are so excited to get sealed in the temple, they have lots of goals, and they are really happy that I'll still be here when they go to the temple ( I hope I can go!!). And their daughter drew a pic for me ;) It was so cute. It feels so great to hear that they are doing so well :)

Well, that's the news for this week! I hope you guys have an awesome week! I Love you all so much!

Love, Elder Beck

ps..the pics are of Quito and Elder Muhlestein, Elder Baum and I in the plane :)

No comments: