Monday, October 11, 2010

CAMBIOS...

Hola mi querida familia!!!
How's everybody doing this week? I am doing great :) Well, this week in Salinas was another very normal week. We received a few referrals from people in other parts of Ecuador, so we were trying to contact them. And we had no success with that. We did contact them...but nobody wanted to listen :P Actually 1 of them did want to listen, but she lives in another sector now. Just our luck! lol But it's all good. We just have need to find people IN our sector that want these blessings :)
Or at least that's what I would have to do if I was still in Salinas....lol Last night, right after we reported our weekly numbers to the office, they told us the changes in the zone. I was expecting alot of changes, because for the last few changes almost nobody was changed. But, the change I wasn't expecting was the one for me. But that's how it's been for every one of the changes I've had....unexpected lol.
So, last night I packed up all of my 'stuff' and was asleep at about midnight. And then we had to wake up at 4am to be in Guayaquil at 8am. So, you might be able to imagine how tired I am lol. Ecuador needs another 'political unrest' so I can have a couple days to play 'sleep catch-up' haha jk. Anyways, my new sector is in Guayaquil. The zone is called Pascuales and we are in charge of 2 wards---Unión Cívica and Alegría. My companion is Elder Barrientos from Chile. He was my zone leader when I was in Vinces, and now we are zone leader comps :) This should be a good change...he is a very calm person....and he REALLY wants to learn English haha. We live in a house with 2 other elders..one is a Latino from LA and one from Otavalo, Ecuador (the one from Otavalo has a pony-tail ;) lol). Our bathroom is very, very, VERY pink :) hahaha I'll take pics and send them in the future.
It is REALLY hot and sunny here in Guayaquil. I definitely did not miss that part when I was in Salinas. And I think I might actually miss some of the seafood! lol There is something they make here that's called Encebollado..and it's really good. And Ceviche with shrimp is tasty too. And we can't eat either of those things here in Guayaquil, but it's all good. I'll just try and enjoy the chicken and rice and soup here in Guayaquil :) lol I'm guessing that I'll be here for Christmas and New Year like last year, too. Good times :)
Well, that's the news for the week, fam. I love you all SOOOO much! Thanks for being such an AMAZING family! Thanks for the prayers, support, love, letters, etc. I really appreciate all of it. I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Love, Elder Beck


No comments: