Monday, October 18, 2010

Cookies and circus and Llamas, OH MY!!!

Hola mi querida familia!!!

How's everybody doing this week? My first week in my new sector has been great. There are so many people in this sector. A big change from Salinas because that sector was big and most of the houses are empty (cause people only come to those houses for vacations a couple times a year). But in these 2 sectors, there are tons of houses packed in close together and all of the houses are full of families that need the message that we are sharing. I think that we are going to have a lot of success in this sector. At least that's what we are hoping and praying for :)

One thing that I would like you to send me (and the members would like you to send it to me too) is the recipe for No-Bake cookies :) From what the members have told me, there was a 'gringo' here before that made no-bake cookies but he never gave the recipe to the members lol. And they are craving those cookies...and now I am too :) So if you could email me that recipe so I can have it next week, that would be great :)

And the mission asked us for a picture of our house, taken from the front, in the street. So if you could email me a pic of the house for next week, that would be great too :) They say it is in case of emergencies...

Hey, Zack... HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe that you are going to be 9 years old! You are so big! Can you believe a year has already passed since you were baptized?! I love you!!!!!!

Hey Mom, guess what???? I saw llamas this week!!!!!!! bahaha There is a circus that is visiting this part of Guayaquil, and apparently llamas play a big part in the circus here, because there are like 5 or 6 llamas. But not a single elephant or tiger. Just llamas, an ostrich, a mini-pony, and chickens. I think I know the reason that this circus only costs $1........LOL They still haven't caught up with Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey haha.

You know what being in charge of 2 wards means?? Attending 2 wards on Sundays. FIVE HOURS OF CHURCH!! lol One starts at 8am and the other at 10am. The good part is that we only have to go to Elders' Quorum once ;) lol jk (sort of). It actually wasn't that bad..it went by pretty quickly. And you always have to look at things on the positive side...we take the Sacrament twice, which will be very helpful on Fast Sundays! hahaha

Well, that's the news for this week, fam. Next week I'll send pics of the house, cause I forgot my camera today. I know you are all dying to see the pink bathroom :) It's about the size of an airplane bathroom, but they somehow managed to fit a shower in, too lol. I love you all SOOO much! I'm thankful for all of your support...I couldn't do it without you.

I LOVE YOU!
Love, Elder Beck

No comments: