Monday, November 22, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Hola mi querida familia!

How's everybody doing this week? Sounds like this will be a party-hard week with all the fam together in Arizona :) Soon I'll be there to enjoy all of that fun (and the DELICIOUS food that always comes with a Beck get-together ;) ) Today is my 16-month 'click' and it is hard to believe that I've been out that long! That's two-thirds....WOW I feel old! haha And today is day one of a new transfer! Aannnnddd... I will be staying put here in Guayaquil with Elder Barrientos. We are happy, cause there are lots of people that are close to being ready for baptism, and we'll be here for Christmas, and New Year, and a PHONE CALL HOME! :) What else could I ask for?? haha I have a feeling that this transfer is going to f l y by...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW DAD!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have an awesome day...but don't party too hard :) I love you SO much and I am so glad you are my Dad.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE ON THURSDAY!!!!!!!! I am so thankful for every one of you. Our family is so blessed...in SO many ways. I could use all my time for e-mail to just write the blessings I have been given....but I won't lol. I hope you all enjoy the 'feast' on Thursday and I would like to ask a favor of everyone. Eat an extra serving (or 2) of Reba potatoes and pie for me ;) Thanks! haha

One thing that I am thankful for is the PACKAGE I got this week! Peanut Butter M&Ms, gum, granola bars, chapstick, beef jerky, hilarious halloween card from Michele, Church News from General Conference, 2011 BEACHES calendar (beautiful!!), letters, and Rebecca Greeley's wedding announcement. Thanks so much for sending the package! I always love seeing all of the stuff that you can squeeze into those packages ;)

The past week was the last week of the change, so that means that we ZLs were doing house inspections! WOO! Fun stuff!! not..lol Some of the missionaries' houses were not too pretty though lol. I'm glad I live with 3 other Elders who know how to clean. I think this is the cleanest house that I've lived in.

This week something kinda funny/awkward happened in sacrament meeting. They announced the Sacrament hymn and that we were going to take the Sacrament. And then the music director stood up and we started to 'sing' the hymn....but it was a hymn that I think NOBODY had ever heard before because it was awful lol. I was looking around to see if I was the only one who had never heard that hymn and the looks on other peoples' faces made it obvious that they had never heard the hymn either. But thankfully the bishop caught on 'quickly' (and by quickly, I mean while we were trying to sing the 3rd verse lol) and stood up to the mic and said 'I think it would be better if we sang a different hymn....' And then we sang a song that everybody knew and it was all ok. But those were some very painful moments while we tried to sing that other hymn lol.

The thing I mentioned last week to make it so your tie doesn't flap around in the wind is called Tie-SAVER...not tie-buddy ;) And my companion has requested a Christmas present. He wants a CTR ring..but in Spanish (HLJ). And if they have one that says HLJ and CTR that would be better. He is size 7.5 Thanks! ;)

Well, that's the news for this week! I hope you all enjoy your week! Be thankful for the time together as family. Be thankful for EVERYTHING! I am so thankful for YOU! I love you tons...like I always say. But I just can't say it enough!

Love you!
Love, Elder Beck



No comments: