Monday, November 15, 2010

SUPER p-day

Hola mi querida familia!!!

So, today is the last p-day of this transfer, which means that it is SUPER p-day! And you know what that means....extra cleaning. Super, right?! Ok, maybe not so super lol. But it's always nice to have the house extra clean! I don't know if I've ever mentioned this but I really miss vacuuming. It is SO much better than sweeping! lol Things just don't get as clean when you only sweep..but I'll just have to deal until next July haha.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMORROW GRANDPA BECK!!!! I love you and hope you have a great birthday!!!

This week we were invited to dinner with some members. When I was in Salinas we ate dinner almost every day with members, but here it's very rare if they invited us to dinner haha. But this week they made something that was almost like Roast Beef (roast beast!). It was so delicious...with carrots and potatoes. It made me think of Sunday dinner with the Fam. It had been way too long since I had eaten roast beast haha.

This week it rained....and now we are about to start what the Ecuadorians called winter (the super hot season when it rains a ton lol). If I remember well, last year it didn't rain until almost Christmas..or maybe after? It didn't rain very hard though....just enough to make a lot of mud :P But it's all good...only one more 'winter' left in the mission haha.

Last week Elder Sanchez bought UNO cards..so that has made its way into our nightly routine ;) After our nightly planning, we write in our journals and eat something, and then play a game or 2 of UNO. Good times :) That game will come in handy on the 28th when they are going to do a census here. EVERYBODY has to stay in their houses all day and people are going to come to every house and do the census. In the States they do it all my mail, right? Much easier..but their mail system isn't too advanced here :P

This week there were a couple funny things in Church that I had to write down to remember to tell you about ;) After the singing, one of the members who leaves on a mission on Wednesday gave his not-farewell talk. First, he said that the only one in his family who ISN'T a member is his cat (that was weird and had nothing to do with what he was talking about). And then, AFTER his testimony, but BEFORE saying "In the name of Jesus Christ Amen" He invited everyone to his house on Tuesday night...and added a little special invitation saying, "I hope that everyone can come over to my house on Tuesday night at 7pm to say bye to me...especially all of the girls...cause, you know, that will be the last time I can kiss all of them for 2 years!! BAHAHAHA In the name of Jesus Christ Amen." I wasn't sure if I should say Amen after that or not..lol. I noticed the Stake Pres on the stand got VERY red when he said that haha. And then, to keep that Spirit, after his talk the Primary presented their Sacrament Meeting Program lol. The first kid got up, jumped a few times to grab the mic, and then shouted his testimony. It was hilarious! Especially cause it wasn't even his turn...so we got to hear the same thing a second time when it was actually his turn. Another highlight was a little kid that said to his teacher "I hate my part! YOU say it!" baaha Good times in Church ;)

Mom, next time you are at Deseret Book can you look for a thingy for ties...I think it is called Tie Buddy. It buttons onto 2 buttons and goes through the flap on your tie and makes it so your tie can't flap around in the wind. Thanks! :)

Well, that's all the news for this week! I love you TONS family! Thanks for always being supportive ;) I LOVE YOU!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: