Monday, December 27, 2010

Chili's, Chatting, and Chancho





Hola mi querida familia!!!!

Well, this week was just AMAZING!!!! And from what I've read in the letters I've received, it sounds like the PHONE CALL was the highlight of everyone's week. It was most definitely the highlight of my week. I just loved hearing from everyone..I never get enough of hearing your voices. It's great to read letters every week and all, but it's just not the same as talking and hearing your voices haha :) Before we know it, we'll be talking again in May. It's crazy how fast time goes by! Here comes 2011 :)

THANKS A TON FOR THE PACKAGES I GOT THIS WEEK!!!!!!!! Tie savers, Christmas pillowcases (we all love them and are using them ;) ), Templos Liahona, Peanut Butter, Liahona Zipper Pull, Grow Toy Santa (he is growing as we speak haha), Nativity, Candy Canes, Foamy Stickers, Stephen's Peppermint Hot Chocolate, PEZ, Pics with Friends, Pics of Jamison and Gavin, Conference Liahonas, Christ Images, cards from all the Fam, Church News, and an awesome purple tie!! I love all of it! And my comp says thanks for all the gifts he received too :)

Other big news this week was something that I talked a little bit about on the phone. We had FIVE BAPTISMS on Saturday, Christmas Day! It was such an AWESOME baptism service. There were 4 people from 1 ward that got baptized, and one person from the other ward. And 60 people came to the baptism service, including 3 investigators. So, you could basically say that it was a big success. Sometimes we are lucky if 10-15 people come to a baptism...and I was a little nervous that that would happen with it being Christmas morning and everything. But, I was pleasantly surprised :) And everything was just perfect. There was even a special musical number...it would be nice if the people here knew how to sing, but I'll just have to forgive them for not being able to sing...at least they try ;) lol. But really, it was so awesome. Henry's (Stefania's uncle) wife Jessica came and she looked so happy so we ae going to work hard with her so that the entire family can be together forever :) And the baptismal font was clean enough to pass the Sister RM's inspection lol. Afterwards, there was a lot of soda and junk food for people to snack on and it was all just great. I felt so happy.

On Sunday, all 5 got to Church on time and were all confirmed. I confirmed one of them and that was the first time in my life I had ever done that...and in Spanish. But it went well :) And then Henry bore his testimony. I think we all know how it feels when a recent convert gets up to bear his testimony...everybody's on the edge of their seats, hoping that he doesn't say anything too weird, or something that's not true, or that they're not used to 'Mormon' vocabulary and it just sounds kinda weird. You know what I'm talking about, right? lol Well, Henry's testimony was NONE of that :) It was simply beautiful. The Spirit was so strong and I felt so happy to have been able to play a small part in helping him know the truth :)

On Sunday we were also invited to a Christmas dinner. They gave us pork ('chancho' in Spanish), which we almost never eat cause we can only eat one brand of pork that is kinda expensive. It was REALLY good :)

Today we did a Zone Activity! We played soccer for about 2 hours and then ate A LOT of pizza while watching a biography of Pres. Hinckley. It was a lot of fun! And I'm sure that tomorrow I won't be able to walk lol.

We went to Chili's last week, as I mentioned on the phone and it was DELICIOUS. I miss American food, but I think we all know that lol.

Well, this weekend is the beginning of 2011, so HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!! I hope you all have a great holiday. I love you all TONS!!!!! Thanks for everything you do for me, thanks for your examples, for your letters, for your prayers, for your EVERYTHING!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

Ps...PICS!!!!

Zone Activity

Rosa and her daughter..the RM

Jessica, Henry, Andy, Jonathan, Kevin

CHILI'S

Love you!!

No comments: