Monday, December 6, 2010

HAPPY DECEMBER

Hola mi querida familia!!!!

How's everybody doing this week? I'm still doing great...and hopefully that never changes :) My throat started hurting for a couple days this week (like it always does around Christmas time) but I'm already better. It's not very fun to have a sore throat and try and talk all day preaching the Gospel lol. But that's just another one of the Lord's blessings...I got better fast :)

Last Tuesday we had a fun surprise in our District Meeting. President Gamboa showed up without telling anybody and basically took control of the whole meeting. He wanted Elder Barrientos and I to think of a new way to receive referrals from members...and luckily, the week before, Elder Barrientos and I had been working on exactly that! And it had been working great for us...so we presented it to our zone and President Gamboa. Everybody commented on what they liked and what they would change...there was almost nothing that they said they would change ;) And Pres. Gamboa congratulated us for being creative and working and said he liked our idea! So that made me happy :) And then he interviewed some of the other Elders after and that took a long time..sounds like some of them have been having some challenges with companions. Thankfully everything has been great with every one of my companions! But, we have some Elders to help out with that now :)


On Friday we had Mission Leadership Council (counsel?) with all of the Zone Leaders. And President Gamboa asked Elder B and I to present our way to receive referrals to all of the ZLs...and they liked it, too. But Pres. Gamboa told them that it's not something that they should copy, but an example that they can work with and make it better. And that's what we're trying to do, too...think of ways that we can make it better :) And afterwards they gave us some DELICIOUS sub-type sandwiches that kinda reminded me of Subway's toasted subs (I miss American food lol).

Last night, we went to the Christmas Devotional and it was great. I remembered the AWESOME song from last year's devotional. The music this year was great too, but not like last year. I loved Pres. Monson's story about the poor german lady who cleaned the american soldiers' house at Christmastime. And I pretty much loved all of the talks :) haha It's so great to hear from the Prophet and his counselors! And I loved Silent Night! It reminded me of Christmas Eve back home.... ;)

I think we all know what is coming up in a couple of weeks...a PHONE CALL!!!!!!!! I'm guessing it will be the week of Christmas like last year, but we're not sure yet. But I decided that I would send you the phone number now, so that I don't forget in the next couple of weeks haha. I'll be sure and let you know when I know when we can call and we can work out all of that exciting stuff. I can't wait to talk to all of you on the phone! I love you!!!!

This Wednesday we are going to the TEMPLE!!!!! I am SOOO excited...once a year is not nearly enough! lol I've got a nice, new, long-sleeve, white shirt to wear to the temple too :) So, this month probably would not be able to get any better...a phone call home AND a trip to the temple! AND people that are getting ready to be baptized :) The Moran family (the relatives of Stefanía that got baptized a while back) came to the Christmas Devotional and said they loved all of it. I loved Pres. Eyring's words that seemed like they directed right at that family...basically telling them that it is time already for them to get baptized lol. I love being a missionary! I love this Church. Yesterday I had the opportunity to bear my testimony in both of our wards, and it feels so great to do that :) I love you SOOO much family!!!!! Thanks for being awesome, always. Thanks for supporting me. Thanks for being examples to 'look up' to ;)

I LOVE YOU!!!!!
Love, Elder Beck

No comments: