Monday, February 7, 2011

SUPER P-day

Hola mi querida familia!!!!

How is everybody doing this week? I'm doing great....like every other week haha. Today is Super P-day...the last P-day of this transfer. But every P-day is super P-day for me :) The only thing more SUPER about this P-day is that we took a SUPER-long time cleaning the house! lol It almost doesn't even look like the house that I moved in to 5 weeks ago...cause it's clean(er) now ;) I still can't call it clean cause I'm in Ecuador...and clean-standards just aren't the same here. For example, last week we walked by a cart-thing in the street where they sell meat. There was a almost-whole-cow hanging there...just missing skin and all of the 'insides'. And it was covered in flies...but there was a guy there swatting the flies and killing them ON the meat :P And I was just thinking how disgusting it was and thinking that nobody would buy meat like that. And we walked by an hour later and he had sold EVERY LAST BIT. And then we went to lunch and ate meat...I almost couldn't eat it cause I couldn't get that image out of my head lol. Gotta love Ecuador! ;)

Another thing to love about Ecuador is the rain. The rain that I described last week was nothing compared to the rain last night. I thought I was soaked last week...but yesterday I realized what getting soaked really means haha. Too bad I didn't have my camera though. All of the roads transformed into rivers. I think the sewers were too full to swallow up all that water. The rain is just barely lightening up as I write and I'm sure that in an hour or 2 it will be incredibly SUNNY! The good thing is that the sun will dry my shoes out ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JAMISON ON FRIDAY!!!!!!! I love you Jamison! Have a great Birthday! It's Great to be 8! You're so big!

Last week we were in Guayaquil for the entire P-day. After the doctor appointment and email, we looked for the closest Pizza Hut. It had been MONTHS since I had eaten any pizza. We bought a family size BBQ Chicken pizza and got a free pepperoni pizza. It was SOOOO good and we ate all of it! The BBQ chicken pizza wasn't up to Barro's standards...but it'll do until I can eat Barro's again haha. After that we bought groceries in Guayaquil and they had PB Cap'n Crunch! There were only 4 boxes of it...but guess how many boxes I bought? Yup, all 4!!! haha So, I've been eating that for breakfast every day, and when we get home at night :)

A few weeks ago when Hermana Gamboa came to our house and did the house inspection, she threw away all of our pots and pans cause she said they looked old. That was no problem for Elder Laub or for me, cause we NEVER use pots or pans (you don't need those things to make cereal lol). But, it was a problem for our companions who cooked at least eggs every morning. But this week, Hermana Gamboa sent us a new set of pots and pans.....and 3 new fans! I WAS excited for the fans, cause I didn't like having to share with my companion at night lol. So, now we have all new pots and pans, new fans, and a clean house!

We did service this week. We helped a family that has recently started coming to church again to paint their house. I got a nice little sunburn on the part of my arms just above the elbows that never sees the sun when I wear a dress shirt lol.

Last week I wrote that we had been visiting some less-active people and some recent converts. Yesterday, one of the members we visited last week came to church..but she didn't come alone. She brought 2 of her cousins and one of her friends. All 3 of them are non-members....for now haha. They all are willing to listen to the missionaries...and we are definitely willing to teach them :) So, I'll be letting you know how it goes with them.

I guess that's all the news for this week! Elder Garcia and I are hoping that this Sunday of transfers doesn't bring any changes in our companionship. We get along great and are just feeling like we're not lost anymore lol. We've got lots of people to teach too. But, as the Hymn says, I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord. I'll do what you want me to do. I'll be what you want me to be! That's the life of a missionary...and I love it ;) I love all of you SOOOO much! I hope you all know that. I'm thankful for all that you do. Thanks for supporting me with your prayers, letters, pictures, etc. It all helps me to keep on going. I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: