Monday, June 6, 2011

JUNE?!?!

3

Hola mi querida familia!!!!

How is all of the fam doing this week? I hope that everyone is great. I am feeling great and still loving my last couple weeks of the mission. But, I can't believe that it is already JUNE! That makes the 'end' seem WAY closer. I have a lot of mixed feelings at this point in my mission. For example... It's hard to leave, but at the same time I can't wait to be home lol. That's how I feel right now ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GAVIN ON WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much, Gavin!! Enjoy your birthday :) I'll see you soon!

This might be kind of irreverent, but I laughed so hard when it happened that I just have to share it......lol. In this ward, we have to sing the hymns with a CD player hooked up to the sound system because there isn't a piano or a keyboard. Sometimes the member that is in charge of changing the CDs turns the volume WAY up and you can't even hear yourself sing. That's kinda how it was yesterday. Yesterday, we were singing the opening hymn in Sacrament Meeting and the first 2 verses were a little loud, but it was just fine. And suddenly, in the middle of the 3rd verse, the CD player started skipping and it sounded EXACTLY like it sounds in that one part of Mean Girls (I know everybody knows which part I'm talking about). All of the members laughed a little bit and stopped singing cause they got kinda lost, but I seriously could not control myself for a moment lol. The rest of the members started following the music director, but I could NOT stop laughing. NOBODY here has seen Mean Girls (at least from what I've been able to find out from companions...I've never asked other members lol) so I didn't have anybody to laugh about it with. It was a moment where I just needed to be with my family.

Now, on to more serious, spiritual, important things that really matter ;) On Friday we had Zone Conference in Manta with President and Sister Gamboa. It was a great Zone Conference. The last one for Pres. and Sis. Gamboa......and me, too, I guess! lol We still keep reviewing and learning about those 8 lessons that I mentioned back in August. I thought it might get old to keep reviewing the same thing, but every time I learn something new. It's great. And it looks like they'll keep reviewing those 8 Principles of Preach My Gospel for a long time. At the end, it got kinda trunky when Sister Gamboa started talking about how they were called and how quickly the time has passed. And they showed a pic of the new Pres. Amaya and his wife (also Colombians) and told all of the missionaries to be very obedient. And they mentioned a number of times that it was their last Zone Conference. Also, after the Conf. I took a picture with them (just in case I don't get to take one with them the day I go home) and then ALL of the missionaries wanted to take a pic with them. It was a really good Zone Conference...and just a little bit trunky ;) lol

Well, that's all the news for this week. It was a pretty normal missionary week ;) Thanks to all of you for ALL that you do. Thanks for being the best family! I LOVE ALL OF YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: