Monday, May 17, 2010

300 days?!

Hola mi querida familia!!!

Como están todos? Espero que todos estén bien :)

So, today Mom told me that I've been in the mission for 300 days...and I can't believe it! I don't know where the time has gone? The mission is such a great experience, and it goes by SOOO fast! Before I know it, I'll be at the 1-year mark...and everybody says that once you reach 1 year, the time goes even faster than ever. I can't really imagine that...haha But it's all good and I am enjoying every minute of the 'mish' :)

So, last Tuesday we did a little more traveling and we went to Babahoyo for Zone Conference. Every time I go there, I feel like I'm 'home' again cause that's where I started haha. It's fun to see the members and everybody from there :) Anyways, there was something extra fun in this Zone Conference, especially for the gringos haha. The APs did there whole talk/presentation in ENGLISH!!! When they first started talking I though to myself 'What are they saying???' And then I concentrated really well and realized that it was a language that I am fluent in lol. And afterwards, hermana Gamboa said that every one of the North Americans (that's what they call the people from the US) had a huge smile on their face when they were speaking english and that soon ALL of the conferences will be in English! So that will be fun and interesting. Almost all of the Latinos said they understood nothing, but my comp said he understood most of it. I've got a smart comp ;) haha

This week Elder Contreras has been sick with apparently the same thing I had when I threw up all over the side of the bus lol. Except he never threw up...he's NEVER thrown up in his life, even when he was a baby! I told him that he needs to throw up so that he can experience how good you feel AFTER throwing up haha. But, he doesn't even throw up when he puts his finger in his throat so I guess that's a lost cause lol. Since he was sick, we were in the house almost all day Thursday and he was sleeping. It gave me some time to update my journal, which was greatly needed haha. He's feeling better now though, so no worries :)

I already told mom that I need more pants. This week all of my pants looked really old..and they are baggy. I've lost about 15 pounds since Babahoyo :) I'm not sure how I keep losing weight, cause we eat S O O O much lol. It must be the constant sweating, I guess :) There is a member that makes and sells hamburgers that are DELICIOUS and one week we ate like 4 of those haha. And this week those Hermanas that helped us with Luis and Maribel are going to make us each a giant plate of french fries...and I can't wait haha. So, no need to worry about me being hungry :)

Well, I think that's it for this week :) I love all of you SO much!! Thanks for everything. Keep a smile on your face and always remember to pray and read the scriptures. By small and simple things, great things are brought to pass.

Love you!
Love, Elder Beck

No comments: