Monday, May 31, 2010

CAMBIOS #7

Hola mi querida familia!

How's everybody doing? Great, I hope! Things have been great here in the mission...like usual :)

First, I gotta say thanks for some packages. Trevor and Nicole, thanks for the package with all of the pics and the Fizzing Skittles, those were so good! haha And mom and dad...I got like 4 packages last week :) haha Lesson pamphlets, Strength of Youth, Purpose of Life, Holy Temples pamphlets, Gila Valley Temple brochure, Guayaquil Temple pics, Sour Candy chewy warheads (I wouldn't mind more of those :) ), letters, socks, cetaphil, TEMPLOS magazines, the Proclamation, Living Christ, Liahonas about Jesus Christ. Thanks for EVERYTHING!!! I love getting packages :) haha

Something really random...this week I heard Single Ladies. Carlie, it made me think of that one video...I think you know the one I'm talking about. I couldn't stop laughing when I remembered that video lol.

After weeks of having nobody with baptism dates in Vinces, this week we put 3 Baptism dates! And found a bunch of new people who are interested in listening about the true Gospel. The Lord really does bless us when we keep working hard and perservere in difficult times. That reminds me, yesterday I gave a talk in Sacrament meeting about Adversity. It went well, I talked a little about Nefi and his bow...and about José Smith in Liberty Jail (D&C 121 and 122 I love those 2 sections).

And finally...yesterday was the last day of change number 6. Last night at about 1015pm I got a call from President Gamboa. First he asked me what I was doing. I said I was waiting. He asked what I was waiting for. I said I was waiting for 1030pm so I could go to sleep. Then he asked if I was waiting to be District President in Vinces. A kind of nervous laugh was all that left from my mouth. Then he asked if I was willing to do what the Lord wants me to do. I said yes. He said OK, you have a new assignment...you are going to be ZONE LEADER and you should start packing your bags cause the APs are going to call in a few minutes with more details. So I started packing my bags and the APs called and all they said was that I needed to be in Guayaquil at 8am today (monday).

So today we woke up at 4, got ready, and went to the clothes Mamita's house to pick up my clothes at 5am. They gave me a little farewell with oreos and milk. And then we went to Guayaquil. When we got to the bus terminal in Guayaquil I met my new companion. He is Elder Estrada from Colombia. He has 21 months in the mission, and he is zone leader too. I am in a zone called Libertad, in a sector called Salinas. It is right on the beach! It is still hot here, but there is a constant breeze that makes it slightly more bearable. We are zone leaders of 14 missionaries (I think) and 4 of them are Hermanas. Elder Estrada only has 2 days in this sector, so we are pretty equally lost here lol. But we found internet and that's all that matters! haha The bus ride was about 2 1/2 hours in a bus with air conditioning! It was so nice lol.

Well, that's all the news for this week. I'm a zone leader now. I don't know what I'm doing...but if He wants me to do it, then I know that He will help me to do it. 1 Nephi 3;7 The mission is an amazing experience and I can feel the help of the Lord SOO much! I know I wouldn't be able to do it without Him. And I wouldn't be able to do it without the amazing support and prayers and letters of all of you! I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH!!!! Thanks for everything...keep up the good work up in the States!

Love you!!!
Love, Elder Beck

No comments: