Monday, May 3, 2010

MAY!!!

Hola mi querida familia!

First off, I can't believe that it is MAY already!!!! I don't know what happened with April....I blinked and then it was gone! haha Time is flying by....and this Sunday I already get to TALK ON THE PHONE with the fam! I am SO excited! It seems like just yesterday we were talking on Christmas Eve. Good times.

La llamada (the phone call) will be at 6am AZ time...8am Ecuador time. A little early, I know. But the other Elders are going to be talking in the afternoon and I don't want any problemos with our phone call :) haha The number is 005 938 759 2008 (I hope that is right...if you haven't called at about 6:10, I'll make a quick call home lol). I am really excited to hear everyone's voices. Hopefully everybody will be able to go over and talk at that time :) Hopefully by then I will be able to hear Lyla's voice ;) haha

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON THE 5TH NICOLE! Love ya and hope you have an amazing day!

So, the other night on our way home, we stopped to visit with some members. We were outside their house, across the street, when we saw something move on the roof. They said that it was just a cat, because cats always play on the roof at night. But, we kept watching at noticed that it definitely did not have a cat tail. More like a RAT with a tail about the length of my arm from the elbow to the fingers. It was a HUGE rat. It looked like an oppossum....maybe it was an oppossum...but either way it was pretty nasty lol.

Speaking of nasty animals, we saw a big snake smashed on the road the other day. That's the only way I like to see snakes...smashed on the road lol. Lot's of people are saying that there are lots of snakes when it starts raining less (right now-in May) but so far, the only snake we've seen was that one...and I hope I don't see another one haha.

Random question...what's the population of the entire United States?

This week, I was able to see the power of faith and Priesthood blessings once again. The power of the priesthood is something amazing, and I am so happy to be able to help the people in that way. Miracles happen with faith and the power of the Priesthood.

Well, that's it for this week...until we TALK on Sunday! I can't wait! I love you all SOOO much! I can't say enough how much I love you all. You're the best family anyone could ask for :)

Love, Elder Beck

No comments: